Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Haunted: The Mediator, p. 49-103

            In this next section of Meg Cabot's Haunted, Suze returns home after having stayed after school for detention and having Paul follow her home trying to give her a ride home. She refused to get in his car because she is completely terrified of him, but he crept along in his convertible right beside her as she walked. Once she went up to her room, she saw Jesse, and she definitely did not want to tell him about Paul - Jesse hates him. Well, he has a good reason to, which of course I won't explain (you gotta read the 4th book!). Suze is disappointed because lately Jesse has been rather quiet and not at all affectionate with her, which is the opposite of how she wants him to act considering she's madly in love with him. Also, while eating dinner, her brother Jake invites a friend named Neil over to join...but he is not alone. His brother Craig is creeping behind him. Of course, only Suze can see this because he is dead. Suze and Jesse both talk to him, and he continually claims it should have been his brother who died in the sailing accident he died on because he is much more athletic and in shape than Neil. Jesse warns Suze that she should ask her principal for help (he too is a mediator), but she refuses.
            The following day, Paul again pesters her at school, telling her there is so much she doesn't know about her "gift." He claims if she goes to his house after school, he will tell her everything. After much persuasion, Suze finally agrees. I can't blame her because I too would be curious about this so-called information. At the time that I was reading this, I was excited to continue on because Paul makes me nervous as well. And, boy, was I in for quite a surprise and very interesting chapter...

No comments:

Post a Comment