So, I finally got around to reading the 5th book Haunted of Meg Cabot's The Mediator series, and I only have the 6th to go! I read this whole book in one day it was so good!! I never do that because I get easily distracted, but I could not put this one down. The book starts off with Suze going back to school after summer break as a junior. She's anxious to have a fresh start - she has the perfect outfit, makeup, and a ton of products in her hair - but is shocked when she sees Paul Slater. He is a boy her age who is incredibly good looking and also incredibly evil, although no one else but her knows this. Like her, he is a mediator, but he claims to know much more about their "gift." The conflict she had with him was in the 4th book, so I can't really explain it because it would ruin the ending of that book. But basically, Suze is terrified of him...she's had nightmares about him for the last month! Then, she finds out her brother is having a party while her parents are going to be out of town, and she is furious. She finds her brother and yells at him, where he tells her he knows about the boy who's been sneaking into her bedroom every night. The readers know that of course it is Jesse, a ghost, who lives in her bedroom. Suze ends up punching him in the face and gets a detention. Way to start off the new school year!
I was surprised to see Paul transfer to Suze's school. I figured he was done in the last book, but I was glad/upset (if that makes any sense =D) that he was back. I had no idea what the future of the book was to hold, which is probably why I couldn't put it down...Suze is rather violent, so I was not at all surprised when she got a detention for punching her brother! In her defense, he definitely deserved it. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment